Hours of Work
37.5hrs per week with shifts between 8 am – 8 pm Monday – Friday, and 1:3 Saturdays 9 am – 1 pm in rotation with the other receptionists.
- To welcome clients as they arrive
- To answer the telephone, including making appointments, dealing with any queries and taking messages accurately.
- To take details of requests for repeat prescriptions according to the practice policy
- To deal with payments by cash, cheque or credit card and to ensure clients pay for treatment, drugs and diet at the time, according to practice policy
- To keep reception clean and tidy
- To deal with emails
- To liaise with the vets and nursing staff to provide a high standard of client care
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Good Client Care Skills, with a calm and friendly manner and ability to communicate effectively
- Able to cope in a crisis
- Able to deal with distressed owners both in person and on the telephone
- Computer literate and able to multi-task
Dependent on experience
Veterinary reception experience is desirable. Previous reception/customer facing experience is required.
To apply please email a covering letter and CV to our head receptionist email@example.com