CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 18TH MARCH 2020
In order to protect our staff and clients from the coronavirus and allow us to continue to provide a veterinary service to our clients we are taking a number of steps to reduce the risk of virus transmission in our surgery.
- We are asking clients not to come into the practice if you have a new, persistent cough or a high temperature. If you do cough or sneeze whilst in practice please cover your nose and mouth and use a tissue when possible. Our staff will direct you to the nearest bin. Please wash your hands in the client toilet or use the hand sanitiser provided afterwards.
- When you contact us to book an appointment and on arrival to the practice we will ask whether you have a cough or high temperature. And whether you have travelled abroad in the last 14 day. If you have travelled to any at-risk areas or show either of these symptoms we may advise a telephone/video appointment instead. If this is not suitable you may need to ask someone else to bring your pet on your behalf. Video/telephone consultations will run for the same length of time as a regular appointment and you will be charged a normal consult fee for this.
- To avoid crowding in the waiting area we would prefer that only one person accompanies your pet into the practice. We are asking clients to call us on arrival and wait in the car park until the vet or nurse is ready to call you in. Please leave your car windows open so you can hear the vet/nurse calling you in.
- In the interests of hygiene and safety we will avoid shaking hands with clients.
- Please use the hand sanitisers provided on arrival and before leaving the practice.
- As recommended by the World Health Organisation we’d appreciate if you could pay by card rather than cash.
- We have robust internal procedures in place should a member of staff feel unwell or be at particular risk of contracting COVID 19. This means we have fewer staff working each day and we cannot always guarantee that you will see a specific vet. Routine appointments may also need to be rescheduled if we receive an emergency on the day. These precautions have been taken to minimise any spread of the virus as best we can and hope that our clients understand the need for these measures.
- As our staffing level is lower we would appreciate if you could email any non-urgent queries to email@example.com and where possible use the online form on our website for prescription requests to reduce the calls coming into reception. https://www.milfordvets.co.uk/repeat-prescription/
We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused by these new protocols and thank you all for your understanding during this difficult time. Our first priority is always the health and welfare of our patients and their owners and these steps are aimed to ensure we can still provide the best possible service throughout this national crisis.