Autumn Poisons

autumn-posions

There are a number of common Autumn poisons that dogs and cats are prone to eating.

Acorns and horse chestnuts are generally eaten by dogs and cause vomiting, diahorrea. However they can cause intestinal blockages which can require emergency surgery. Short term or long term ingestion of substantial amounts of acorns can cause severe liver and kidney disease. So we would recommend discouraging your dog eating them.

Increasingly at Fireworks night Luminous toys and jewellery are sold. The luminous compounds are very attractive to cats. Licking and ingestion causes irritation in the mouth, excessive salivation , vomiting and abdominal pain.

If you have any concerns please call the practice 01483 414747