Established in 2000 by Sheena Milne, our practice aims to give the highest possible standard of care at all times, in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Simon Burgess joined the practice in 2002 and became a partner in 2010.
We are lucky enough to have excellent staff, all dedicated to animal care. Each member of staff has their own particular area of interest.
We have an extensive range of up to date equipment;
- Bronchoscopes and gastroscopes.
- Digital x-ray processors which can take fantastic quality x-rays of pets of all sizes.
- Excellent laboratory facilities which enable us to run blood tests within the hour.
- State-of-the-art ultrasound machine.
- Video endoscope which allows us to perform laparoscopic bitch spays, cystoscopy, rhinoscopy and thoracoscopy.
- State of the art monitoring equipment for intensive care patients and those under anaesthetic.
- Dental scaler, polisher drill and digital dental xray machine.
An RCVS-accredited animal hospital
We are one of the few practices in the country to be an accredited hospital under the RCVS standards scheme. To be accredited hospital status, we had to meet core standards, plus those of the relevant general practice. In addition we had to, among other things:
- Ensure nursing staff are present on the premises round the clock, and a veterinary surgeon available 24 hours a day to attend to in-patients, if required
- Maintain and improve clinical standards by monitoring performance and the outcome of treatments
- Provide a range of specialist equipment, such as specific diagnostic equipment (ECG and ultrasound)
- Submit to rigorous examination of its premises and facilities, with emphasis on cleanliness and sterility